Author: Waleed M. Tariq
- The first 3 quarters of 2021 saw robust sales of obesity medicines.
- Obesity and related disorders are on the rise globally.
- The development of new obese therapy, Wegovy, surpassed the anticipation.
- Wegovy, a new obesity therapy, surpassed expectations.
- Novo Nordisk is poised to profit as the main insulin provider and has a solid obesity pipeline.
- Their share of the market in rapid markets is also encouraging.
- With the company having some drugs in trials, it isn’t a guarantee that they will meet the standards and get the approval, as a result that poses a risk to the firm since it has financial implications especially in the research process.
A Firm leader in Diabetic therapies
- Below is a chart showing NVO’s share of the market as of Q3 2021, being the leading firm in diabetic therapies.
- The company’s market in fast-growing markets also seems good.
Robust Pipeline for diabetes comorbidities
- Recent research shows that nearly 90% of patients with type 2 diabetes have two or more chronic diseases.
- Hypertension (82.1%), obesity (78.2%), hyperlipidemia (77.2%), chronic renal disease (24.1%), and cardiovascular disease were the most frequent concomitant conditions (21.6 percent ).
- The trend appears to be continuing, with market value exploding globally.
- Their late-stage medications have shown promise in previous stages.
- Novo’s expertise in diabetes therapy helps them expand into obesity and other illnesses.
- Ozempic will help the company extend its diabetic market share, while semaglutide has other promising uses. NVO is worth buying since sales are growing and the future looks interesting.